What technological investments will institutions spend the most time implementing, planning, and tracking in 2019?
In the latest trends and technologies research report from Educause, learn the extent to which influential trends like the growing complexity of security threats and student success imperatives are playing out at institutions, and why some of the most hyped trends are expected to have only a limited impact on IT strategy in 2019.
Top 10 Strategic Technologies
- Uses of APIs
- Active learning classrooms
- Blended data center (on premises and cloud based)
- Incorporation of mobile devices in teaching and learning
- Open educational resources Institutional support for accessibility technologies
- Technologies for improving analysis of student data
- Application performance monitoring
- Predictive analytics for student success (institutional level)
- Integrated student success planning and advising systems (tie)
- IT asset management tools (e.g., CMDB) (tie)
Most Influential Trends
Five trends are influential at 61% or more of colleges and universities:
- Growing complexity of security threats
- Student success focus/imperatives
- Data-driven decision-making
- Increasing complexity of technology, architecture, and data
- Contributions of IT to institutional operational excellence
Read the full report from Educause.